A mini-course on the meaning of Ariadne’s Thread and how to use it as a tool for integration with the primitive animalistic instinctual aspect of human psyche symbolized as the minotaur in the famous myth. This 80 minutes presentation includes 120 images which help us understand the myth, the concept of labyrinth/maze, and how we can use Ariadne’s Thread in our personal growth. At the end of this course students will be able to:
- Understand the minotaur and Ariadne’s myth
- Understand the difference between the labyrinth and the maze and how to deal with them
- Find examples of mazes in our psyche, relationships, life, and the existence
- Interpret the myth and the main characters: the Minotaur, Theseus, and Ariadne
- Realize the importance of integration with body as a major task in the Integrative Structure of Consciousness we live in
- Use Ariadne’s Thread as a tool in integration with their unconscious body/mind.
Students will have access to the creator and instructor of the course, as well as other students to ask questions and share experiences.
Art: Ariadne’s Thread, by Daphne Hoev